Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Over the week

It was my first week at School of Art Institute Chicago. Also my first ever Art and Design course. It was really an amazing experience. Each wall and brick of SAIC has it's own story about art. I was amused like a kid when I got to saw those wonderful art pieces and some of the creators.
This week I just did the assignments and did not really get time for any serious works. One of my instructor wanted us to do some design with minimum 80 shapes in it.


These are designs with lots of shapes stuffed into it. On top, I named it Nature. But one of my friend named it Animal Kingdom. Second one is a design with some of our daily chores stuffed into it. It is done on my 9" x 12" sketchbook with black marker.

I meant to do a greeting card illustration kind of design here. It is done on 9" x 12" sketchbook with 2B, 6B pencil.

Two rough sketches. First one is the vase on our coffee table and second one is the sketch of our living room. Done on my 9" x 12" sketchbook with HB pencil.

On top, done with 2B, 6B pencils. On bottom, done with HB mechanical pencils. Both are on my 9" x 12" sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment